1. SCOPE, DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
1.1 TalkAboutBlack aims to develop Black Leaders in the Asset Management industry.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We are very open with all the information we collect. Any information we collect will only be processed based on your consent.
2.1 Personal Information. In order to subscribe with us, we require certain information such as your first name, last name, email address, company name and phone number.
3.WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We use, store and process certain information you give us in order to provide a service for you and to tailor our marketing to meet your specific needs.
3.1 Process, manage and improve the Service
- We use your information to maintain contact by responding to your queries via our Contact form
- We use your information to maintain contact following the sign-up process
3.2 Create and manage a safe environment
- We use your information to help us comply with our legal obligations
- We use your information to help detect and prevent spam, security threats or any other harmful activity
3.3 Maintain and improve advertising and marketing
- We use your information for marketing purposes through emails, text messages and WhatsApp
- We use your information to personalise and improve our marketing to make it more tailored to your information needs
- We use your information to provide you with insight, trends, industry news, events and any other activities managed by TalkAboutBlack
4. INFORMATION THAT WE KEEP AND DO NOT KEEP
4.1 Your email address required on our Contact form are kept for information and contact purposes but you have the freedom to opt out of our subscription service and your email address will not be stored
4.2 Once subscribed on our website your personal information, such as your first name, last name, company name, address or phone number is stored for ease of contact via our mailing list or individual contact.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
This section explains your rights in terms of how your personal data is used.
5.1 Data Access. You have the right to request access of a copy of the personal data we hold about you
5.2 Data Management. You can request us to change or update any personal data we hold about you
5.3 Data Rectification. If any information we hold is inaccurate, you have the right to request us to correct any incorrect or incomplete personal information concerning you
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user's computer which are designed to hold a small amount of data specific to a particular software client and website. They can be accessed either through the web server or the client computer. These cookies allow us to distinguish users – helping the site work properly - and to monitor the usage and health of the site. You can find out more about cookies at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
We use two types of cookie:
- Session cookies: these are deleted once you finish browsing our website
- Persistent cookies: these are stored on your computer after you have finished browsing our website, and can be used to recall your preferences the next time you visit.
Cookies used for website analytics and performance monitoring, and are a mixture of session and persistent cookies. They do not contain any personal information. For more information on these cookies see https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage.
If you continue to use our site, we presume that you are happy to receive any cookies. If not, most browsers will allow you to turn off cookies; to do this, check the “setting” or “help” menu in your browser. Please note, switching off cookies could affect site operation and you might not be able to access some parts of our site.
If you delete cookies relating to this site we will not remember information about you, including cookie preferences and you will be seen as a first-time visitor when you return.
If you have any questions regarding this cookies policy, please email email@example.com